CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 4, 2010

A year...

A year!
A year ago this weekend we started our deployment and said good-bye!








Our year of deployment is over, it actually ended early!!!

But this year has been like no other year in my life...


A year ago as David left that Sunday, I looked up unto the snow covered mountains and prayed!
"I lift up my eyes to the hill, where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD!"
I prayed, sometimes not knowing what to pray for but just trusting that my help comes from the Lord! I didn't know what the help would be or what the year would look like but God did!

Not only did He help us, He orchastrated this year! Our lives are in His hands, He was/is in control of everything that has/will happen to us and I am so thankful for that!
 I clung to this verse as I prayed for help this past year Jeremiah 29:11
'For I know the plans I have for you, Declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future.'

And as David left, and as I pray for help and clung to that promise God has declared a hope and a future for me I couldn't not imagine what this year would be like and how everything would turn out.
But God did! He knew! and He chose to bless us more than I could ever ask Him to! Ephesians 3:20-21
 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. 

A year like no other in my life....

A year only God could use and mold into this blessed year...
A year where God gave me peace when my fears and worry overcame me...
A year where God used friends (old and new) to fill my lonely hours....
A year where God replaced my bitterness with compassion and understanding...
A year where God gave me confidence to try something new....
A year where God gave me physical strength to just get through the day...
A year of drawing closer to Him...
A year where He showed up....
A year where our two girls accepted Jesus into their hearts....

A year I would not change...
A year I would not give up...
A year I am so thankful for...

Lord, I give you the glory forever and ever, thank you for this year and giving to me immeasurably more than I could ever ask!
I love you Lord!
Joanna

No comments: