CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Anger

Nothing like reading a children's devotion to your children and realizing this is not for them but for you!
That happened just tonight!

A situation at work has caused me great anger.
I have fretted over this for several days.
I have stirred up wrath, been hot tempered, and very prideful.
My body and soul has had no peace at all!
It really consumed me, consumed  my thoughts, my conversations, my heart and my spirit!
I did not like who I was or what I was doing about this!

But God gently reminded me, 'why'
Why am I still fretting or worrying about this?
Why am I stiring the pot?
Why am I demanding some action or accountably from others when  I have not even given it?
Why haven't I turned to HIM first?

God reminded me "slow to anger"
Do you want to be like this? 
Do you want peace or fear and bitterness in you?
Do you want to be rested or restless?
Do you want me to help you or you going to do it on your own?
Do you want to abide with me or be alone?
I can't be abiding with God and be overcome with anger, bitterness and stife.

God reminded me "let it go" 
Do not worry!
Do not fret!
Do not live with this!
Confess it to Me!
Listen to Me!
Forgive them!
I have forgiven them and
I have forgiven YOU!

My prayer tonight:
Dear Lord, please forgive me of all this anger I have held on to. Please forgive me for my unforgiveness of them, bless them so that they see YOU! Please forgive me for not trusting you and coming to you when this first happened. Lord, I want to be slow to anger and slow to speak but quick to hear, esp. to hear from YOU! I know I can't hear from you unless I am in your word abiding in YOU! I don't want to be anger, stirring up wrath but I want to be a person who is kind and compassionate. In Jesus name! Amen!

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, James 1:19

Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil. Psalm 37:8

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.  Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:31,32

An angry person stirs up conflict, and a hot-tempered person commits many sins. 
Pride brings a person low, but the lowly in spirit gain honor. Proverbs 29:22,23



No comments: