CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Favorite Christmas Memory

I am participating in a blog carnival over at Wives of Faith

Today's topic is Favorite Christmas Memory.

I really have struggled with this one not because I had awful memories but I just can't remember a lot of details.
I remember one Christmas we (2 boys and 2 girls) all got bikes for Christmas. That was special because we really didn't have a lot of money growing up. I also remember any presents we got were never wrapped but in a neat little pile but we always new which pile was ours.

But there is one Christmas that stands out. I think I was about 8 or 10. My older sister and I both got a dress made by my grandmother. This was in the 70's and the dresses were long all the way to the ground with a ruffle on the bottom. I loved it and I felt so pretty in it. We were so excited. I remember we put our dresses on and ran down the street to show our friends. While we showed off our presents, we asked them what they got. I remember the look on their faces as they told us they only got a lip gloss from Avon. I felt so sad that day for them, I will never forget that!

Maybe not a typical favorite memory ones thinks about but one that stays with me even now. I pray I will never forget this memory and what I learned from it that Christmas day.

No comments: