CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Perspective

I am enjoying the Christmas Blog Carnival over at Wives of Faith

Day 4 of the carnival is titled Best non material Christmas gift ever. For me this gift would be perspective. I pray and hope I can put into words what I am thinking.
.
Our first Christmas together at a new duty stationed thousands of miles away from my family, I learned not all people celebrate like me. I learned to see our life together is what we make of it. Whether we live in my hometown or miles away with the military.

An earlier Christmas, I was a collage student living at home and my mother had had a heart attack. As we were preparing dinner, my father received a call to come to the hospital as soon as possible. We dropped everything and rushed to my mother. I am so thankful she survived and actually lived 10 more years. But I learned it didn't matter to me if Christmas dinner was cooked or if you got presents.

This Christmas is our first Christmas with my hubby not here at home. I really don't know what it will look like or how the girls will be but I know we will be fine. I know in the long range outlook, this is just a tiny speck.

My perspective is ever changing and hopefully for the good.

1 comment:

timsarmywifey said...

Indeed this military life gives a whole new perspective, sometimes it's hard for me when talking to "civilians" .... hope you have a blessed Christmas...