CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pressing on!

Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14


Sometimes I feel like a failure, failure at parenting, at work, at being a friend, at being a wife, and in my relationship with God. I even feel like a failure with this blog.

I have had the same nagging confusing thoughts lately.
'Why do I blog and should I even blog?
It has been too long!
Am I blogging for attention or affirmation for myself or do I blog to give praise to God.

But today I realized something very important to me. I have been deceived!!! I have allowed these thoughts to be twisted into something awful! I have been deceived to not blog!
So therefore by not blogging I have added another failure to the list of many failures. It crushed me to think another failure was on the list then to add insult to injury, I was so confused to where to begin to right this wrong. I didn't even know how to write a post, the words never came until today when the Lord showed me this verse.

I admit I like words of affirmations and I like a little attention, but there are many things I love. I love my husband, I love my girls, I love my Lord. I love to praise my God and I love to grow closer to my God! I have always wanted this blog to be a blessing and a record of God's presence in our lives. It can't be a record if I don't blog! I have also wanted to use this blog to journal my thoughts, prayers and prayer requests. I want it to be a tool to grow closer to God!  But it can't be used as a tool if I don't blog.
How can it be a blessing to anyone or God and how can it be blessed if I don't blog. How will people pray for my husband and our girls if I don't ask them to?

But no more! I realized today after reading this verse and after my girls came home (which will be another post), I needed to change this thought. I needed to move forward.

I need and will forget what is behind!
I will strain (reach) toward what is ahead!
I will press on!!!

I will blog whether I am good at it or not! I am not a very good writer, I will fail at times. Other times I will press on and move forward, growing closer to God! Hoping and praying it will be a blessing!

So I will press on!

Dear Lord, thank you for giving me clarity on this subject, I know you are not the author of confusion but of Peace, thank you that our past are behind us and we can leave them there and move forward!! Help me to press on!!!
I love you Lord!


href="http://womenlivingwell.org/category/women-living-well-wednesdays/" target="_blank">

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I need to and will forget what is behind.

Do you mind if I make that my new mantra? I really need to!