CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Psalm 37

Such sad and horrible news we woke up to yesterday!
31 American soldiers died in one tragic event...shot down in a helicopter along with 8 others fighting for freedom.
I wanted to say or do something....
I didn't want to post the whole news story for fear of scaring someone...
But I knew the story and with that information...I knew the Lord wanted me to do something.
I did post a verse and said many prayers but I wanted to be comforted and somehow to be a comfort to someone.
I tried to think of other stuff and go about my day...but with the news you think of your soldier and others soldiers and their families...
I know my soldier was not in harms way at the time but this event made me miss him that much more...
It solidified my need to pray and to trust God that much more...
It encouraged me to go to the Word quicker and to linger longer....

And while I went to Word, the Lord showed me He is still in control...
Psalm 37: 1-13 (verses in bold really encouraged me)

Do not fret because of those who are evil
   or be envious of those who do wrong;
2 for like the grass they will soon wither,
   like green plants they will soon die away.
  3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
   dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Take delight in the LORD,
   and he will give you the desires of your heart
.
 5 Commit your way to the LORD;
   trust in him and he will do this:

6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
   your vindication like the noonday sun.
 7 Be still before the LORD
   and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
   when they carry out their wicked schemes.

 8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
   do not fret—it leads only to evil.
9 For those who are evil will be destroyed,
   but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

 10 A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
   though you look for them, they will not be found.
11 But the meek will inherit the land
   and enjoy peace and prosperity.
 12 The wicked plot against the righteous
   and gnash their teeth at them;
13 but the Lord laughs at the wicked,
   for he knows their day is coming. 


I am so heartbroken for these soldiers' families but I pray they find comfort in knowing their soldier's sacrifice will never be forgotten and we are so grateful for their service!

No comments: