CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

God's Plans



For I know the Plans I have for you, Declares the Lord; Plans for Hope and a Future. Jer. 29:11

This is one of my favorite verses, I have it written on my wall in my living room.

I make plans all the time and sometimes anything can change them causing me pain in my life like yesterday when I had to make an unplanned trip to the dentist. This was something I didn't want to do but it was necessary. Even though this was very painful (physically) I knew there would be pain relief when it was done and I was right.

God's Plans are Perfect! God has already made the plans and nothing can change His plans! I am where God wants me to be. I may not understand the plans He has for David and I, but I am so thankful I don't have to.

This year of deployment is certainly something we did not plan to do or want to do, but it is necessary.
There will be physical, emotional and spiritual pain! Or pain that just breaks your heart like yesterday when the girls are going to bed and they want their father to give them hugs and kisses and he is not here. But then there is pain relief when I tell them God is loving us and hugging and kissing us with his love as I give them extra hugs and kisses!
There is pain like when you feel alone, hurt and discouraged like no one cares but then there is pain relief when someone calls or writes to you telling you they care and are praying for you. Or a verse comes to your mind telling you "I am with you always" "I will be your strenght, Joanna" "I have the plans for you Joanna, Plans for Hope and a Future" !! This is to me such sweet pain relief!!! I hear you Lord! I'm trusting in Your Plans!

I know this year will hold many painful moments but I also know that this year God plans for me, for us, for the girls will hold many, many pain relief moments. Moments to savor and to love and be amazed by!

So I am trusting in God's plans - Plans for a Hope and a Future!

1 comment:

Julie@comehaveapeace said...

And I can hear that the Lord is already giving you hope ... it "shows" in the perspective He's helping you to have. One day at a time, right? :) Praying for you...