CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

In Awe!

Lord, I have heard of your fame, I stand in awe of your deeds..Habakkuk 3:2a

I am in Awe!
In awe of my God, my Lord and Savior!

I can see His hand so clearly before us. He was not surprised by this news of deployment. He knew all along.
He set in motion events to help us, He placed people in our lives to comfort us, to encourage us and to pray for us.

So tonight I am in awe of Him!

I am in awe of how God works in other peoples life to bless us...We were ingesting this news with all of it's questions and uncertainties when the phone rings. A friend, a godly man calls and tells us, for some reason David has been on his mind all day and he wanted to call and check on us. We tell him the news, and he is surprised by it also but God wasn't, He placed us in this man's thoughts and heart...to pray for us...to encourage us.
God knew we needed to hear that.

Upon hearing the news, I emailed a friend to simple pray for us. She did more than just pray, she responded to my email with encouragement and prayers. God knew I needed to see that, He also provided an opportunity to meet with her knowing I could use some time with godly friends to share and pray together.

I am in awe of events God orchestrates...That Wednesday, I had a get together with a godly lady at church...a meeting that was made 3 weeks earlier before we knew the news...but God knew...He knew weeks before what I would need that day and how I would need to spend that time being encouraged by these two friends...pouring out my heart, sharing my thoughts, fears and tears. He knew I needed to be prayed for and to be prayed with.


I am in awe of how God puts people in my life, new friends who I may not know in person...new friends who become such an encouragement , such a blessing to me...I befriended a lady on Facebook whom I don't know in person, but we share some same interests... I now consider her a friend...She too is going through a deployment. She too is a Christian...She too know what this life is like... God put her in my life knowing I would be going through this...He knew we needed to be friends.

So I am in awe of God and His people. His caring for us through friends who are praying for us, encouraging us and loving us.

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:18 
 

No comments: