CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Preparing for the sweetness!

I have been thinking about something all day.
I have to help Hollyn decorate a cake...a Dr. Suess cake...
Now, she likes to watch those cake shows but I have news for her...I am not good at decorating cakes! This will not be one of those cakes.
I did prepare a little bit by baking the cake yesterday. So today we go decorate it and I realized I should have done a lot more preparing... I should have planned better, read more, practiced and made sure I had all the ingredients. Now her cake is good and sweet but we rushed getting it done and it shows.  But by the end of the task Hollyn was very proud of her cake! and she should be...she did the best she could with what she has been given.


Now what I have been thinking about is preparing for this deployment.
I know there are going to be some sweet moments in this deployment and I need to be prepare for them. I need to start now and not wait until the last minute. I need to start in the Word! I need to read, to pray, to worship, to do, and to be still and know!
Be still and know that I am God; Psalm 46;10a

No comments: